We're so happy to share that the museum opened again on May 18th, the International Museum Day! Finally, you'll be able to shop, experience and create in our «new» museum.
A new museum
We need each other now. We need community, inspiration and experiences. Behind us, we have two difficult months for Nordnorsk Kunstmuseum. Four days after opening HOS NNKM, we had to close due to COVID-19, and a few weeks later director Jérémie McGowan was let go. Now we're finally able to invite you to a craft-centric art museum - focused on creativity, participation, activism and the joy of making stuff. This was McGowan's vision and idea; an open museum for new demographics that brings forward often ignored aspects of art. We will continue to be a calm oasis, open and inclusive.
It's safe to visit
We take infection control and the authorities' regulations very seriously, and we have implemented strict safety measures. We're lucky enough to have plenty of space for social distancing. Our routines for cleaning, visitor interaction and the physical environment have been altered to comply with regulations and government guides. We are disinfecting surfaces regularly and disinfectants are available in the entire museum.
Rules for visiting Nordnorsk Kunstmuseum:
- All visitors must keep at least 1-meter distance between themself and other visitors and employees.
- Visitors can visit in groups of maximum 5 individuals.
- No more than 50 simultaneous visitors at the museum.
- We will not accept cash payment and prefer that you use contactless payment.
- Anyone with flu-like symptoms will be denied entrance.